Sebastian Freidank - 21. February 23
Guayusa tea brewing time and dosage
How much Guayusa Tea do you need for a great tasting glass full of energy? This article will deal with the question of the dosage and brewing time of Guayusa tea.
Of course, it depends on your personal requirements in terms of taste and effect. Below you will find a few tips on how we at GUYA prepare our Guayusa tea.
- Dosage of Guayusa Tea – Recommendation
- Guayusa tea brewing time – recommendation
- Preparation of Guayusa
1. Dosage of Guayusa Tea – Recommendation
In order to get a tasty, intense and overall effective guayusa tea, we recommend the following dosage.
- For a 250ml glass: 1 heaped teaspoon of guayusa leaves. This corresponds to approx. 2g Guayusa leaves.
- A 300ml to 400mg jar, like our GUYA jar : A tablespoon of Guayusa tea corresponds to a dosage of approximately 3g.
- A 1 liter pot : three heaped tablespoons - corresponds to approx. 9 g to 10 g.
We use about the same dosage for all our Guayusa tea varieties . You can also find an overview of the dosage and the brewing times of Guayusa tea here .
2. Brewing time of Guayusa tea - recommendation
With other teas such as yerba mate tea and green tea or black tea, you have to think a lot more about the brewing time than with guayusa tea. Because unlike these teas, Guayusa tea does not become bitter. Even after steeping times of 20 minutes or even 60 minutes, Guayusa tea is still much more pleasant to drink than green tea or black tea.
Nevertheless, we are always asked by customers what we recommend. In addition to the instructions on the packaging and our overview in the shop, we would like to give you an overview here.
Guayusa tea has a pleasantly strong taste after a brewing time of 5 to 7 minutes . After 15 to 20 minutes, all of the caffeine should be gone . From then on, the taste becomes stronger and noticeably tart .
2.1. Brewing times of the different types of Guayusa tea
However, depending on the Guayusa tea variety, we recommend slightly different steeping times. So here is an overview:
- PURE : As stated above, we think 15 minutes or more is best.
- DARK : Also from 15 minutes upwards.
- LEMONGRASS : Very tasty from 10 to 15 minutes!
- CHAI : About 10 minutes. With longer brewing times, the tea becomes sweeter and cinnamon-like.
- ORANGE-MINT : 5 to 10 minutes. With longer brewing times, the tea becomes bitter-sweet.
- PURE POWDER : 5 to 10 minutes. The brewing time of our Guayusa tea powder is slightly shorter than that of PURE, as the taste and active ingredients can develop more quickly due to the large surface area.
- GUAYUSA-COFFEE : 5 to 10 minutes or use our DRIPPER and pour boiling water over it.
All varieties can be prepared with our DRIPPER . For our teas you will find a glass teapot with a tea strainer in the shop, as well as a thermos flask with an insertable stainless steel tea strainer . If you prefer smaller quantities, you will also find a glass and stainless steel tea strainer in the shop.
3. Preparation of Guayusa
In addition to the different brewing times of our Guayusa tea varieties, you also have the option of preparing them in different ways.
- Tea bags: You can find self-filling tea bags in every DM or Rossmann. You can easily hang these in your cup or pot and throw them away later.
- Tea strainer: Whether you choose a pot or a cup with a tea strainer, this method makes your life a lot easier and saves a lot of waste.
- French press : This is a teapot without a strainer. The guayusa leaves can float freely in the water and thus develop an excellent aroma. So that you don't drink the leaves, the French press has a pressing function that presses the leaves to the ground.
- Mocha : A mocha is an Italian stovetop espresso pot . Here you simply fill in our Guayusa powder or tea. The heated water from the small water tank steams up through the leaves into a collection container.
These were just a few of the many possibilities . You can find our TOP 10 Guayusa tea preparations in the linked article and you can find free recipes from our community here .
We hope that your questions about the brewing time of Guayusa tea have now been answered and that you are already preparing a delicious energizer. If you have any questions, we are at your disposal on Instagram, Facebook and via support.
If you don't have any organic guayusa in your kitchen cupboard yet, you can order from our shop with a 5% discount by using the code: " Blog-5 " or even a 10% discount if you subscribe to our newsletter .
We look forward to your order and feedback.
Organic Guayusa from GUYA is original Guayusa from Ecuador. You can order our Guayusa directly from our shop and have it delivered to your home.
GUYA is Europe's first and largest Guayusa brand that offers you a large selection of Guayusa products. Our versatile Guayusa blends bring variety to your everyday life, keep you awake, focused and relaxed at the same time.
Since 2016 we have been working directly with farmers from Ecuador without intermediaries and have learned a lot about the processing of guayusa.
We look forward to your Guayusa order.
Buy pure guayusa tea powder. Our Guayusa powder offers you a variety of preparations without losing the organic quality.
Our PURE Guayusa Powder is original Guayusa, but particularly finely sieved to extract the powder particles . You can use the Guayusa powder in preparation of a latte, cappuccino, espresso or for smoothies and pastries.
With the use of our Dripper , Guayusa powder can easily be used to prepare tea. The dripper's has a double-walled sieve that prevents the powder particles from getting into your tea. This way you can enjoy a delicious Guayusa tea without tea leaves in the water.
The Guayusa sets contain all our Guayusa tea flavours as well as our tea accessories.Purchasing Guayusa in Sets is a best way to save money because the Guayusa is in cheaper price in Sets than when sold as an individual product.
Our Guayusa comes from Ecuador and is organically grown there and traded fairly by us.
Each Guayusa set is put together differently and offers you a cheap alternative to expensive individual orders. Choose from sets with a teapot, tea glass, thermos flask, tea strainer and our 7 Guayusa varieties.
Our high-quality tea accessories made from stainless steel and special borosilicate glass have a long service life and can withstand all temperatures unconditionally! Find the right tea accessory for you in our online shop!
The glass products, as well as our stainless steel tea strainers, are suitable for any loose tea. All products can easily be cleaned in the dishwasher or under running water.
You can buy our products individually or in a combined package at a lower price.
Our tea accessories online shop also offers you a large selection of Guayusa tea which all together, as a set, make an excellent gift.
Guayusa Tea Recipe - Summer Ice-Brew
21. February 23
Our Guayusa Tea Ice-Brew recipe. Try it out and fill up with ice-cold energy for the day. Read our Guayusa tea preparation now.
Guayusa Preparation - 10 TOP Guayusa Tea Preparations
20. January 23
The 10 best Guayusa tea preparations. Bring variety into your day with our Guayusa tea preparation: latte, cold brew and more!
Green tea steeping time - How long does green tea have to steep?
09. January 23
Green tea and its brewing time - differences in tea types and what is important in the preparation! PLUS a tea that never gets bitter...
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.